- A Wendy's employee posted a video of a live mouse in a bag of burger buns to Facebook last week.
- The employee, who works at a location in Catoosa, Oklahoma, warned customers against visiting the fast-food chain.
- Wendy's shares dropped close to 1% on Monday as publications reported on the pest sighting.
A live mouse found in a bag of burger buns has at least one employee warning customers against eating at Wendy's.
Last week, Sky Frame posted footage on Facebook from inside a Wendy's in Catoosa, Oklahoma, showing what appears to be a mouse wiggling around in a bag of hamburger buns.
"Not only does Wendy's now have mice- we have crew members who leave cigarettes all over the place. Don't eat at Wendy's in Catoosa," Frame commented.
Frame told local news nonprofit Neal Communications that she has worked at Wendy's for almost two years. According to Frame, this is not the first time that mice have been found inside bun bags at the location. Other employees had also spotted mice and mouse droppings, she said.
"I'm personally just not comfortable with serving people with serving people buns that have been touched by mice," Frame said. "My friends go there, my family goes there."
Wendy's said in a statement to Business Insider that the local health department visited the location to conduct an investigation last Friday and did not find any violations.
"Our franchisee is aware of this situation and is taking this matter very seriously," the company said in a statement. "They immediately launched an investigation with their pest control vendor and internal quality assurance experts to ensure immediate and appropriate action is taken. We have stringent procedures in place to ensure safe and well-maintained restaurants."
Mouse and other pest sightings at fast-food chains can cause major problems for companies. Wendy's shares dropped close to 1% on Monday as publications reported on the footage of the mouse.
Here's the video that shows the live mouse in the bag of burger buns: